REGISTRATION & TUITION
- There is a $45 annual family registration fee, payable each calendar year and is non-refundable.
- Our Insurance Company requires each family to complete a consent and waiver form before beginning
- Tuition payments are due in full upon registration.
- Monthly tuition will vary based upon the number of classes available in a calendar month.
The number of classes received in a monthly session will vary depending upon the day you choose to attend.
- Monthly tuition will only be pro-rated when you start your first month in the middle of a session.
- There is a $30 fee for each returned check.
MONTHLY TUITION PAYMENTS
Once you have signed up for a monthly session (1, 2, 3 days-a-week) the tuition must be pre-paid by the 21st of the preceding month in order to keep your child’s spot for the next month. (E.g. February payment must be received by January 21st) A late fee of $20 per student will be applied if payment is received after the 21st. Failure to pay by the 25th will result in your child being dropped from the class. New students will then be allowed to register, and students who have been dropped may re-enroll on the last day of the month.
For your convenience, we offer an automatic credit card charge option. Auto-pay charges will run on the 21st of the month for the following month. Customers may enroll in auto-pay online through the Parent Portal or by contacting one of our customer service representatives either in person or at 303-439-SWIM (7946).
CSS CLOSURE DATES
*Check our website for actual calendar dates.
- New Year’s Day
- Memorial Day Weekend (May 28th - 30th)
- July 1st - 4th
- Labor Day Weekend (September 3rd-5th)
- 1/2 Day on Halloween
- Thanksgiving Holiday (November 23rd-27th)
- Winter Break
At Colorado Swim School, we believe that children are most successful in a consistent learning environment. Because of that, we encourage you to attend your regularly scheduled swim class as often as possible. At the same time, we realize that our families sometimes have unavoidable conflicts and cannot attend their lessons. While we understand that illnesses cannot be predicted, please understand the spot has been reserved for your child and cannot be booked by another student with such short notice. Therefore, as a courtesy to our customers, we offer 1 make-up class per calendar month. If your family is consistently missing more than one class per month, please let our customer service staff assist you in finding a time that better suits your needs.
- To qualify for a make-up, you must let the front desk know in advance of your absence over the phone or in person.
- Make-ups are based on availability and are not guaranteed.
- We do not guarantee the same teacher for your makeup class.
- You may not receive any type of credit for a missed class.
- The makeup class option expires 30 days following the absence.
- You cannot schedule your makeup class more than 7 days in advance
- You may not accumulate make-ups.
- Make-ups cannot be rescheduled (you can’t make up a makeup).
Because adding an additional student in the class may disrupt the consistency and integrity of the class setting, we do not recommend makeup classes if your child:
- Is still upset or anxious about any aspect of the swim lesson experience (strangers, noise, separation anxiety, water, submersions, etc)
- Is sensitive to change (time, teacher, environment)
Because we are working with young children and water, it is imperative that the safety and quality of our swim lessons take priority over any scheduling needs. Therefore, certain classes may not be available for make-ups. Our Deck Managers and Aquatics Director will carefully consider the needs of the students, the teacher, and the class as a whole before determining if adding a student for a makeup is feasible.
SCHEDULE CHANGE POLICY
All class changes must be made prior to the 1st of the month. Schedule changes made on or after the 1st
will result in a $20 change fee per student, per class. This does not apply to a change initiated by a CSS staff member.
All cancellations must be made 72 hours prior to the first class of the session. Any cancellation made within 72 hours of the beginning of a session or after the session has begun is subject to a $20.00 cancellation fee per student, per class. A credit for the remaining classes, less the cancellation fees (if applicable) will be considered for a future CSS credit.
In the event that more than four lessons are missed during a session due to extenuating circumstances, CSS’s Directors will review each situation on an individual basis, as long as advance notice to CSS has been provided.
ABSOLUTELY NO MONETARY REFUNDS WILL BE ISSUED.
Please take your child to the restroom prior to the start of their lesson. In the interest of the health and safety of all students in our program, CSS requires all swimmers under the age of 3 AND children over the age of 3 who are not fully potty trained to wear 2 articles of protective swimwear. One of them must be reusable and manufactured by I Play (first one free and additional available for sale at front desk). Your child will not be allowed to enter the pool if this policy is not followed.
*In the event that a potty trained child has an accident, they will be required to adhere to the potty policy. Length of time to be determined by CSS management.
Since our lessons run consecutively there may not always be time before or after your child’s lesson to speak directly with the instructor. If you’re interested in communicating with your child’s instructor, then stop by the office and a representative will be sure to pass the message on!
All instructor requests will be considered, but may not always be honored due to scheduling constraints and class availability. When an instructor is absent, a substitute will be provided. Please be open-minded about new instructors/substitutes so that your child will be as well. All teachers are trained in the same curriculum; therefore swimming with a different instructor will not hinder your child’s progress.
All students enrolled in an Everyday session will receive a certificate at the end of the session. Students enrolled in monthly classes will receive level awards as they are earned. Following a promotion, please contact the office to schedule your child in their new level.
The following are not permitted on CSS premises:
- Glass Containers
- Reserving dressing rooms
- Our insurance requires a responsible adult to remain on CSS premises for the duration of the lesson.
Parents are responsible for their children before, during, and after lessons.
- In order to avoid disrupting classes in session, we require parents to view lessons from our observation room.
- If you have paid for a group lesson, and your child is the only one in the class, we will not cancel the class. Your child will receive a 20 minute private lesson for the same group rate.
- To avoid an upset stomach, please refrain from serving your child dairy or spicy foods prior to their lesson.
- Parent/Child classes: Please wait for your instructor to give you permission to enter the water.
- WE SWIM WHEN IT SNOWS!
- PLEASE AVOID milk, dairy products, spicy foods, and large meals before lessons. Children may have a light snack before swimming.
- Please remove band-aids before entering the pool, keep your child’s nails trimmed, and hair pulled back.
- Please consult with your physician about treating your child’s ear after their swimming lesson.
Each lesson is guaranteed.
If you are not satisfied with a lesson, then please notify the director Immediately and we will gladly provide another lesson at no charge!